La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Mary Gubler-Easter Egg Hunt
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: April 5, 2017 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $213,521.45
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2017-04; A second ordinance amending ordinance No. 2017-02 regarding RV Resorts and small transient living quarters in Tourist/Resort Commercial Zones by correcting a typographical error in subsection E.3.a(1) of Section 10-6G2-2.5, and providing for an effective date.
2. Discussion and possible action to Accept a Warranty Deed (Road Dedication), conveying a Portion of Bringhurst Lane to the City, and to Authorize the Mayor Pro Tem to sign said Document and have the same Recorded with the County Recorder.
3. Discussion and possible action on a Hurricane High School Swim Team donation.
4. Discussion and possible action on the Site Select Plus, also known as the Washington County Economic Development Council, contribution request.
5. Presentation and discussion of the 2017-2018 Tentative Budget.
G. Mayor & Council Reports:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Solid Waste, Water
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Hooten: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Sewer Board, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Beautification/Trails Committee
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on April 14, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder