La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Rich Murset- Founders Day
2. Davis Farmers Market
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: May 6, 2015 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $101,551.89
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Community Garden, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Reconsideration of the issue of surplusing one of the City’s backhoes, consideration of possible surplus of Impala police vehicle, and possible setting of public hearing to surplus the Impala and a different backhoe if deemed appropriate.
2. Discussion on the 2015-2016 FY Tentative Budget.
3. Discussion and possible action on the Washington County Economic Development Council Executive Committee letter.
4. Presentation by City Attorney, and possible discussion by and direction from the City Council regarding the proposed Vacation Rentals and Bed-and-Breakfast Zoning and Operations & Maintenance ordinances.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Beautification/Trails Committee
Hirschi: Public Safety, Sewer Board, Planning Commission/Zoning
Justice: Public Works, Water, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Hooten: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Fire District, Budget
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Solid Waste
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on May 14, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder