La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: February 4, 2015 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $66,806.29
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District, Community
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
E. Public Hearing:
1. FY 2014-2015 budget amendment
2. To declare certain property surplus property and to sell and /or exchange said property.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-02; A resolution opening and amending the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 budget.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-03; A resolution declaring certain property to be surplus property and providing for disposition by public sale.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-04; A resolution revising the amount of certain animal control fees, as provided in the La Verkin City Code, and providing for an effective date.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2015-02; An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 2007-32 and the La Verkin City Code by correcting a typographical error in Section 3-6A-1, regarding the applicable law governing residential solicitors and solicitations; and providing an effective date.
5. Discussion and possible action in support of Mayor Gubler’s Proclamation regarding
La Verkin Founders Day.
6. Discussion, Council action of support, and signing of Mayor’s Proclamation in support of the week of May 17-23, 2015, as National Public Works Week in La Verkin.
G. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on February 13, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder