La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 5:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
5:30 Work Meeting
A. 6:00 pm Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Jenica Juluson-Sports Director
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: June 7, 2017 work meeting and June 7, 2017 regular meeting
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $155,651.29
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-11; A resolution setting the Property Tax Levy for La Verkin City.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-12; A resolution approving the designation of two representatives to serve on the Administrative Control Board of the Ash Creek Special Service District for calendar year 2017 and for such time thereafter until successors thereof have been designated and appointed.
3. Discussion and possible action to set a public hearing regarding the La Verkin Community Theater.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Proclamation 2017-03; A proclamation designating July 1-7, 2017 as Independents Week.
5. Discussion and possible action on a La Verkin City Employee Wellness Incentive Program.
6. Annual Training on Open and Public Meetings Act (OPMA) and Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA) for members of the City’s public bodies (including but not limited to the City Council, Planning Commission, and Board of Adjustment), as required by law.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Beautification/Trails Committee, Solid Waste
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Leavenworth: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Water, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on June 16, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder