La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, June 7, 2017 5:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. 5:30 pm Work Meeting
1. Salary and wages
B. 6:00 pm Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Jenica Juluson-Sports Director
D. Council Vacancy:
3. Swearing in
1. Election of Mayor Pro Tem
F. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Review Invoices and Checks: $392,642.12
G. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Community Garden, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
H. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
I. Public Hearing:
1. Mutual boundary adjustment of La Verkin City and Toquerville City.
2. FY 2016-2017 Budget Amendment.
3. CIB loan grant application for a Transportation Master Plan and to update La Verkin City’s General Plan.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve the proposed Bringhurst boundary line adjustment ordinance and associated boundary line adjustment plat.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 2017-09; A resolution opening and amending the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 budget.
3. Discussion regarding the La Verkin City Community Theater.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 2017-10; A resolution restricting the use of fireworks within the City of La Verkin.
5. Discussion and possible action to ratify the 300 West Road Improvement Project construction contract with Interstate Rock and notice to proceed on said project.
6. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2017-06; An ordinance updating La Verkin City criminal law procedure 2017.
7. Discussion and possible action to approve the lease and the associated Master Leasing Agreements, as revised, and authorize the signature of the Mayor or designee, of a police vehicle and an operations/public works vehicle.
8. Discussion and possible action to approve a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency for certain Overtime Reimbursement incurred by La Verkin City Police Department personnel, and authorization for Chief Lee to execute said MOU.
K. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
L. Closed Session:
M. Reconvene from Closed Session:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on June 2, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder