La Verkin City Council Meeting Amended Agenda
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:30 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. 5:30 pm Work Meeting
B. 6:00 pm Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Pioneer/Founders Day-Martha Gubler
D. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: May 3, 2017 regular meeting minutes
E. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
F. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
G. Public Hearing:
1. FY 2017-2018 Tentative Budget
1. Presentation, discussion and possible action to set a public hearing for the Culinary Master Water Plan and Culinary Water Impact Fee.
2. Discussion and possible action to award the bid for the 300 West Improvements Project.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-08; A resolution adopting the FY 2017-2018 Budget.
4. Discussion and possible action to (a) to approve the proposed Cooperative Agreement with the State of Utah for Participation in the Statewide Fire Protection System, and (b) to authorize the Hurricane Valley Fire District to Sign the Delegation of Fire Management Authority and Transfer of Fiscal Responsibility on the City’s Behalf (When and If Such Action is Required).
5. Discussion and possible action to ratify the executed Retainer Agreement with Smith Hartvigsen, PLLC, water counsel, for Legal Services required in connection with the ongoing General Adjudication of Water Rights to Protect the City’s Water Rights.
6. Discussion and possible action to (a) to approve the proposed Agreement between Washington County and LaVerkin regarding the Transfer to LaVerkin of Ownership of Certain Real Property Located in LaVerkin, Utah, and (b) to accept and authorize the recording of the proposed deeds attached to the County’s Resolution approving the transfer of such property in 100 East to LaVerkin (once executed).
I. Mayor & Council Reports:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Solid Waste, Water
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Hooten: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Sewer Board, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Beautification/Trails Committee
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on May 15, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder