La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. HHS Swim Team donation-Jason Grygla
2. St. George to Springdale Public Transit Feasibility Study
3. Playground equipment shade covering-Kyle Gubler
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: March 1, 2017 regular meeting minutes
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-07; A resolution indicating the City’s intent to consider adjustment of a portion of its common boundaries with Toquerville City, and authorizing a public hearing whereby the City Council will receive public input and comment regarding the same.
2. With regards to the 300 West Road Improvement Project, discussion and possible action to:
a. Authorize going out to bid on the Project
b. Approve the proposed La Verkin City 300 West Road Improvement Construction Drawings
c. Approve the language and content of the bid specifications and contract documents.
3. Presentation and discussion on a La Verkin City Employee Wellness Incentive Program
G. Mayor & Council Reports:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Solid Waste, Water
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Hooten: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Sewer Board, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Beautification/Trails Committee
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on March 31, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder