Confluence Park Executive Board and

Technical Advisory Committee Minutes

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 4:00 p.m.

435 N. Main, LaVerkin, Utah

Present:

Board Members:

Lynn Chamberlain                    Washington County-HCP

Kerry Gubler                            La Verkin City

Paul Heideman                         Toquerville City

 

Others:

Kathleen Nielson                      Grant Writer

Blair Gubler                             Ash Creek SSD

Ken Hooten                              La Verkin City Council Representative

Derek Imlay                             La Verkin City

Christy Ballard                         La Verkin City

 

        I.            Meeting Called to Order:  Kerry Gubler called the meeting to order at 4:14pm.

 

  1. Approve Minutes: 

Motion was made by Paul Heideman to approve the September 21, 2016 minutes, second by Lynn Chamberlain.  Lynn-yes, Kerry-yes, Paul-yes.  Motion carried unanimously.

 

  1. Business:                            

A.    Update on the installation of the Irrigation System.

Blair reported Ash Creek SSD met with the City to get their specifications.  He recommended La Verkin City get specifications for secondary water system air vacs.  Ash Creek SSD will use the ARIE air vacs which is what they require for their system.  They also went over the location to place the line. 

Lynn met with Ash Creek SSD to show them where he would like the connection for the parking area.  He also told them he would like to run a culinary water line to the camping area by the parking lot.  That culinary line will be in the same trench. 

The project is ready to go out to bid.  However, one of the suppliers told Blair if Ash Creek SSD waited until after the first of the year they would get a better price on the pipe.  Ash Creek SSD decided to wait. 

The project is scheduled to being the middle of January.  It will go from The Chateaus of Riverwood to the bottom of the first field and to the first field across La Verkin Creek.  There is a 10-inch irrigation line already going through the Creek so Ash Creek SSD will use a piece of HDPE and run it through that existing pipe.  Once that is complete, the budget will determine what is done in the field for irrigation. 

That decision will be presented to the Confluence Park Board for approval.

 

Lynn mentioned, from a wildlife standpoint, flood irrigation is the best option for watering. 

 

Blair agreed if the water is contained.

 

Paul asked if pipe was going to be put in the road.

 

Blair replied Ash Creek SSD has decided to put it just off the road in the field where the road/trail will be.  That project will be bid out with the treatment plant.  If the utility companies move their lines it will be a road, if they don’t it will be a 15-foot trail. 

Confluence Park will have access to the trail on Ash Creek SSD’s property. 

 

  IV.            Public Concerns for Board Consideration:

No comments were made.

 

    V.            Board Members Concerns:

Kathleen brought up the cleanup that needs to be done in Confluence and wondered if the Committee could write a letter to the Boy Scouts to let them know there are some very specific things that could be done for an Eagle Scout Project.  She also suggested letting the fire department know they could do a burn if they would like to. 

 

Kerry suggested letting people cut the dead cottonwood trees for firewood. 

 

Lynn mentioned a lot of the cleanup is dead brush.  The Boy Scouts or a crew with a chipper would be a good idea for that.

 

Lynn will put a letter together and bring it to the Board for approval. 

 

There was a discussion on areas that need to be cleaned up.

 

Kerry mentioned the Board was going to cancel the meeting in December but perhaps Lynn could write the letter and have Christy send it out for approval.  Once approved he will send it to the Stake Presidents and put it on the Just Serve website.   

 

Kathleen suggested requiring the interested people contact Lynn’s office for a permit and state in the letter the wood cannot be used for commercial use. 

 

Derek said the locking system to get in the gate is getting harder to use.  He suggested going to one or two locks with shared keys. 

 

Blair reported if the lock used is a Master you can write the number down and order additional keys for that lock. 

 

There was a discussion limiting the number of locks while at the same time still allowing groups easy access to the Park. 

 

Derek will get information on different locking systems.                          

VI.            Adjourn:

Motion was made by Ken Hooten to adjourn, second by Paul Heideman.  Lynn-yes, Kerry-yes, Paul-yes.  Motion carried unanimously at 4:40pm.

 

 

Minutes taken by Christy Ballard.

Keep Up with La Verkin Happenings

Public Meetings

Quick Links

Agenda and Minutes


City Council

Jan. 8, 2018 Agenda

City Council Vacancy

Jan. 8, 2018


Planning Commission

Oct. 25, 2017 Agenda

Planning Commission Agenda

Oct. 25, 2017


Water Board

Oct. 25, 2017 Agenda

Water Board

Oct. 25, 2017

View all...