La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Jana Anderson-Christmas Eve Program
2. Employee of the Year
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Review Invoices and Checks: $156,635.97
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
F. Public Hearing:
1. The issuance of the Parity Sales and Franchise Tax Revenue Bonds and any potential impact to the private sector from the construction of the 300 West Road Improvement Project.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Amendment 1 to Work Release No. 2016-1; An agreement with Sunrise Engineering regarding the 300 West Road Improvement Project.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve the Municipal Advisory Services Agreement with Zions Public Finance.
3. Discussion and possible action on the Capital Improvement Priority List.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding Mayor and City Council wages.
H. Mayor & Council Reports:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on December 30, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder