La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: November 2, 2016 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $251,968.44
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
E. Public Hearing:
1. FY 2016-2017 Budget Amendment
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2016-17; A resolution opening and amending the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 budget.
2. Presentation and acceptance of the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016 financial audit-Rees CPA.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve the preliminary and final plats for Olsen Subdivision, a one lot subdivision at 205 South and 100 East and the parcel directly south of it.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve the preliminary and final plats for Hardy Trust Subdivision, a one lot subdivision at 50 West 200 North.
5. Discussion and possible action to approve the Utah Department of Workforce Services – Permanent Community Impact Board contract with the City of La Verkin for the funding (loan and grant) of the proposed 300 West road improvements project.
6. Consideration for and adoption of a Parameter Resolution authorizing the issuance of Parity Sales and Franchise Tax Revenue Bonds of the La Verkin City, Washington County, Utah, and the calling of a public hearing to receive input with respect to the issuance of such Bonds and any potential impact to the private sector from the construction of the Project.
7. Discussion regarding Mayor and City Council salaries.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor, and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on December 2, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder