La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Tiffany Mower-Victim Service Coordinator
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: August 3, 2016 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $247,798.68
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to ratify the CDBG contract and the amendment thereto, regarding the funding for the Fire House addition.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve with regards to Confluence Park:
a. Resolution No. R-2016-14; A resolution approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Washington County regarding Water to be provided to water the Park.
b. Resolution No. R-2016-15; A resolution approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Washington County regarding the provision of certain maintenance services for the Park.
c. Resolution No. R-2016-16; A resolution approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Washington County and Ash Creek Special Service District regarding the maintenance and costs thereof relative to an irrigation transmission line (main) to be installed in the Park.
3. Consideration, discussion and possible action to authorize the City Administrator to negotiate conditions for the CIB funding of the 300 West Road project.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on September 2, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder