La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, June 1, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: May 18, 2016 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $16,850.18
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
E. Public Hearing:
1. FY 2015-2016 Budget Amendment
2. FY 2016-2017 Tentative Budget
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2016-09; A resolution opening and amending the Fiscal Year 2015-2016 budget.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2016-10;A resolution adopting the FY 2016-2017 Budget.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2016-11; A resolution regulating the use of fireworks within the city limits of La Verkin.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve the Motor Vehicle Contract of Sale with Bradshaw Chevrolet and Buick for the purchase of a police vehicle.
5. Consideration, discussion and possible action to approve the proposed Rock Fall Berm and Utility Easement Agreement with La Verkin Hotel Development LLC and Sunset View Estates Development and to authorize the Mayor’s signature thereon.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
H. Closed Session:
1. Strategy session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation.
I. Reconvene from Closed Session:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on May 27, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder