La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: April 20, 2016 and May 4, 2016 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $257,991.90
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution R-2016-08; A resolution expressing appreciation for Intermountain Healthcare on its 40th Anniversary in Washington County; and providing an effective date.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Work Release No. 2016-1 (La Verkin City 300 West Road Improvements Project) with Sunrise Engineering, for engineering work connected with the possible reconstruction of 300 West Street from Center Street to 110 North Street including some of the public utilities and other related infrastructure.
3. Discussion on the different options for use of fireworks within the city limits of
F. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
G. Closed Session:
1. Strategy session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation.
H. Reconvene from Closed Session:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on May 13, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder