La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Review Invoices and Checks: $79,002.00
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action on Capital Improvement Priority List.
2. Discussion and possible action on the Site Select Plus, also known as the Washington County Economic Development Council, contribution request.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2016-07; A resolution supporting the HB 362 (2015) authorized 0.25% Local Option General Sales Tax dedicated to Transportation, encouraging the County of Washington to submit the proposal to voters in November 2016; and providing for an effective date.
F. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
G. Executive Session:
1. Strategy session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation.
H. Reconvene from Executive Session:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on April 29, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder