La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Outstanding Citizen Award
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: April 6, 2016 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $48,288.85
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action on Days of “47 Dixie donation.
2. Discussion and possible action on the City’s cat policy for the Animal Control Shelter.
3. Presentation and discussion of the 2016-2017 Tentative Budget.
4. Annual training on the Utah Open and Public Meetings Act and Government Records and Management Act.
G. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
H. Executive Session:
1. Strategy session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation.
I. Reconvene from Executive Session:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on April 15, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder