La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Rick Neilson, Justin Osmond and Merrill Osmond-Days of ’47 Celebration
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: February 3, 2016 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $190,999.33
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
F. Public Hearing:
1. FY 2015-2016 Budget Amendment
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 2016-05; A resolution opening and amending the Fiscal Year 2015-2016 budget.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 2016-06; A resolution amending irrigation fees, and establishing an effective date.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2016-02;An ordinance amending Title 4 of the La Verkin City Code, to correct the numbering and citations of the residential recycling code; provide for the availability of exceptions and/or relief from the imposition of the residential recycling fee in certain cases of undue hardship or extraordinary circumstances; and providing an effective date.
4. Discussion and possible action on the TDS Baja request for a 10 -year Franchise Agreement extension.
5. Discussion and possible action regarding the City Council moving to paperless meetings.
6. Discussion regarding the animal shelter accepting cats.
H. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
I. Executive Session:
1. Strategy session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation.
J. Reconvene from Executive Session:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on February 12, 2016.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder