La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Mark Cram-Street Lights
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: November 4, 2015 Regular Meeting and November 13, 2015 Special Meeting Minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $145,064.32
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2015-11; An ordinance repealing the Fire Impact Fees currently set forth and included in Sec. 9-2-2 of the
La Verkin City Code, to avoid double assessment of such fees on and after December 9, 2015 when the Hurricane Valley Fire District begins assessing and collecting such impact fees.
2. Discussion and possible action to authorize the City to go out to bid on the 2016 Road Maintenance Project, and to approve the language of the proposed bids, specifications, and contract therefor.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-15; A resolution changing the City’s State Retirement Plan from Contributory to Noncontributory.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-16; A resolution revising the City’s Personnel Policy to provide for health insurance coverage for full-time employees and other employees for which coverage is mandated by applicable federal or state law, and to repeal the provision for long-term medical care coverage for City employees.
5. Discussion and possible action to approve a monetary donation to the La Verkin Elementary School’s Leader in Me Program.
6. Presentation and acceptance of the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015 financial audit-Rees CPA
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on November 25, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder