La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Claudia Pierce-July 4th Celebration
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: June 17, 2015 and July 1, 2015 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $190,908.10
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Community Garden, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Letter of resignation from Councilman Ray Justice.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2015-06; An ordinance amending the City Zoning Map of and for the City of La Verkin, rezoning from One Family Residential (R-1-8) to General Commercial (C) the property bounded on the south and west by 200 North and 180 West streets.
3. Discussion and possible action to (1) approve Resolution No. 2015-14; A resolution approving the Curbside Residential Recycling Collection Agreement between Washington County Special Service District No. 1 and Dixie Waste Services and authorizing the execution of an Agreement between Washington County Special Service District No. 1 and the City of La Verkin, and (2) approve Ordinance No. 2015-07; An ordinance establishing the City of La Verkin Curbside Residential Recycling Collection Program, including rules and procedures for implementation and enforcement of said program.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve the PEHP 2015-16 Health Contract.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on July 31, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder