La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Sherm Howard-Planning Commission
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: May 20, 2015 and June 3, 2015 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $108,055.57
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Community Garden, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
F. Public Hearing:
1. FY 2014-2015 Budget Amendment
2. To declare certain property surplus and to sell and /or exchange said property.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-07; A Resolution opening and amending the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 budget.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-08; A Resolution declaring certain property to be surplus property and providing for disposition by public sale.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-09; A Resolution setting the Property Tax Levy for La Verkin City.
4. Consideration, discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-10; A Resolution regulating the use of fireworks within the city limits of La Verkin.
5. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-11;A Resolution supporting the HB 362 authorized .25% Local Option General Sales Tax dedicated to transportation, encouraging Washington County to submit the proposal to voters in November 2015, and encouraging voter support; and providing an effective date.
6. Discussion and possible action to (a) approve the proposed Water Planning Grant Agreement with the State of Utah, and (b) authorize the City Administrator to sign the Agreement on behalf of the City.
7. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2015-12; A Resolution revising the City’s personnel Policy to establish a Return To Work Policy regarding city employees injured on the job, and providing an effective date, as requested by the Utah Local Governments Trust.
8. Discussion and direction to City Staff regarding the text of a proposed Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Rentals licensing, operations, maintenance, and safety ordinance.
H. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on June 12, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder