La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Chesney Galindo-Easter Egg Hunt
2. Amber Crouse-Officer of the Year for Small Agencies in the State of Utah
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: April 1, 2015 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $140,243.58
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Community Garden, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2015-03; An ordinance amending Title 10 of The La Verkin City Code, relative to Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Rental Facilities within the City of La Verkin, and making and/or confirming them as Permitted Uses in Certain Commercial and Residential Zones within the City
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2015-04; An ordinance amending Chapter 11 of Title 3 of The La Verkin City Code, providing for the regulation of Operations, Maintenance, Cleanliness, Safety, and Sanitary Conditions in Bed and Breakfast and Vacation Rental Facilities within the City of La Verkin.
G. Council Vacancy:
3. Swearing in
H. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on April 10, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder