La Verkin City Council Meeting Amended Agenda
Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Winterfest Committee
2. Rayn Blair-Christmas Eve Program
3. Employee of the Year
1. Tiffany Mower-Victim Service Coordinator
1. Appointments to Boards, Commissions and Committees
E. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: December 17, 2014 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $229,940.05
F. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
G. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to authorize the City to go out to bid on the 2015 Road Maintenance Project, and to approve the language of the proposed bids, specifications, and contract therefor.
2. Presentation and acceptance of the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014 financial audit-Rees CPA, Caleb Rees CPA
3. Consideration for adoption of a resolution of the City Council of La Verkin City, Utah authorizing the issuance and sale of not more than $1,500,000 aggregate principal amount of Sales and Franchise Tax Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2015; and related matters.
I. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on January 6, 2015.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder