La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: November 5, 2014 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $120,038.97
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Fire District, Sewer Board, Community Garden
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
E. Public Hearing:
1. CDBG Grant Public Hearing
1. Discussion on Capital Improvements List.
2. Discussion and possible action to ratify the Mayor’s signature on the Mayor’s Letter of Commitment and the City’s support for LaVerkin’s requested Participation in the proposed Update to the Five-County Association of Government’s Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
3. Discussion and possible action on Resolution No. R- 2014-10, approving the proposed Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with The Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce for Professional Services to be provided to the Utah Transportation Coalition in support of Utah’s Unified Transportation Plan and the issue of enhanced local transportation funding, and approving the Compensation provided therein.
4. Discussion and possible action on the proposed LANTIS Merchandise (Fireworks) Contract and Purchase Order fir fireworks to be discharged at the City’s Winterfest celebration.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on November 26, 2014.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder