La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Ray and Laura Justice-Seed display for the Washington County Fair.
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: August 20, 2014 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $47,792.43
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Fire District, Sewer Board, Community Garden
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion, Council action of support, signing, and presentation of Mayor’s Proclamation in support of the week of Sep. 8-14, 2014, as National Suicide Prevention Week in LaVerkin.
2. Discussion and possible action to receive, accept, and approve for recording (when signed) the proposed Deed of Easement (Access and Public Utilities) for the Hotel Property located adjacent to Main Street and SR-9.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2014-08; A resolution revising the City’s Personnel Policy to establish a City Driver Qualification Policy, and providing an effective date.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve the proposed professional services agreement with Rees CPA (RCPA) for auditor services for the City of LaVerkin for fiscal year ending (FYE) 2014 through FYE 2018.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on August 29, 2014.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder