La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
B. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: March 19, 2014 regular meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $51,720.13
C. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Fire District, Sewer Board
D. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to adopt Resolution No. R-2014-03; A resolution revising the City’s Policies and Procedures Manual to designate the City’s elected officials as “Tier 2 Ineligible” under the Utah Retirement System.
2. Discussion and possible action to adopt the Police Chief Compensation Agreement with the City’s new police chief, Benjamin Lee.
3. Discussion and possible action on the Washington County Economic Development Council Executive Committee letter.
4. Discussion and possible action on the Victim Advocate Program letter from the Hurricane Police Department.
F. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
G. Adjourn to Executive Session:
1. Discuss potential litigation.
H. Reconvene from Executive Session:
1. Possible action on subject matter from Executive Session.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on March 28, 2014.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder