LaVerkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, January 15, 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Rayn Blair-Christmas Eve Program
2. Mayor Karl Wilson
1. Count My Vote-Willie Billings
1. Reappoint and swearing-in of City Recorder and City Treasurer (2-year appointments)
2. Appointments to Boards, Commissions and Committees
E. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: December 4, 2013 regular meeting minutes and January 6, 2014 special meeting minutes.
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $272,857.94
F. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
G. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for items not listed on this agenda and has a time limit of no more than 15 minutes, with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution R-2014-01; A resolution approving a new Council representative (Councilman Randy Reeve), to serve on the Administrative Control Board of the Washington County Solid Waste District.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution R-2014-02; A resolution approving a new Council representative (Councilwoman Chantelle Browning), to serve on the Southwest Mosquito Abatement and Control District Board.
3. Discussion and possible action to:
a. Award the bid for the 2014 Road Construction Pavement Preservation Project.
b. Award the contract for the 2014 Road Construction Pavement Preservation Project.
4. Discussion and possible action to:
a. Award the bid for the 2014 Silver Acres CIB project.
b. Award the contract for the 2014 Silver Acres CIB project.
5. Consideration for and adoption of a Bond Resolution authorizing the issuance of a $274,000 Parity Water Revenue Bond, Series 2014 of La Verkin City, Washington County, Utah.
I. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Youth City Council, Mosquito Abatement
Hooten: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Fire District, Budget
Hirschi: Public Safety, Sewer Board, Planning Commission, Zoning
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Solid Waste
Stephenson: Public Works, Water, Beautification, Trails Committee, Utah Shooting Sports Park
J. Adjourn to Executive Session:
1. Discuss the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual.
2. Strategy regarding pending or reasonable imminent litigation.
K. Reconvene from Executive Session:
1. Discussion and possible action on matters discussed during Executive Session, including but not limited to obtaining the legal services of employment counsel to assist with a legal matter.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on January 10, 2014.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder