LaVerkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Local option transportation tax- Commissioner Eardley, Myron Lee-Dixie MPS, Ron Whitehead-Public Works.
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: November 18, 2013 special meeting minutes and November 20, 2013 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $61,972.37
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for items not listed on this agenda. (Three minutes per person.)
F. Public Hearing:
1. CDBG Grant Public Hearing
1. Discussion and possible action regarding request for support for local option transportation tax.
2. Discussion and possible action to authorize the City to go out to bid on the 2014 Road Construction Project, and to approve the language of the proposed bids, specifications, and contract therefor.
3. Discussion and possible action to authorize the City to go out to bid on the 2014 Silver Acres Project, and to approve the language of the proposed bids, specifications, contract, and construction drawings for said project.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2013-12; An ordinance dissolving the Dixie Technology Funding Agency, a Title 17C Limited-purpose local government entity-Community Redevelopment Agency (DTFA).
5. Presentation and acceptance of the fiscal year ending June 30, 2013 financial audit- Hinton Burdick
H. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
Mayor Wilson: Public Safety, HCAC, Confluence Park, Water, Sewer Board, Mayors Association, Fire District, DTEC
Jensen: Historical Preservation, Youth City Council, Solid Waste, Budget
Justice: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, ZC3, Sewer Board
Hirschi: Public Safety, Planning Commission, Zoning, Fire District
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Mosquito Abatement, Budget
Stephenson: Public Works, Water, Beautification, Trails Committee, Utah Shooting Sports Park
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on November 27, 2013.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder
NOTICE OF POSSIBLE ELECTRONIC OR TELEPHONIC PARTICIPATION One or more members of the City Council may participate electronically or telephonically pursuant to UCA 52-4-7.8