LaVerkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. ZC3-Rural Honors Award
2. Poll Sound
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
3. Minutes: October 2, 2013 regular meeting minutes
4. Review Invoices and Checks: $ 255,450.45
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for items not listed on this agenda. (Three minutes per person.)
1. Discussion and possible action to issue notice of award to and approval of Agreement with Poll Sound for the City Council Chambers Audio System.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve music license agreement with ASCAP.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve the contract and purchase order with Lantis Fireworks & Lasers.
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2013-11; An Ordinance amending Section 4-7-4 of the La Verkin City Code, to provide an exemption from the requirements of Chapter 7 for night display and lighting of the U.S. Flag on public property.
5. Discussion and possible action on an AT&T request to assign certain rights to, and sublet a certain portion of, the cell tower located at the water tank.
G. Staff. Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and Council as follows:
Mayor Wilson: Public Safety, HCAC, Confluence Park, Water, Sewer Board, Mayors Association, Fire District
Jensen: Historical Preservation, Youth City Council, Solid Waste, Budget
Hirschi: Public Safety, Planning Commission, Zoning, Fire District
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Mosquito Abatement, Budget
Stephenson: Public Works, Water, Beautification, Trails Committee, Utah Shooting Sports Park Justice: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, ZC3, Sewer Board
H. Adjourn to Executive Session:
A Strategy session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation and to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property.
I. Reconvene from Executive Session:
Possible discussion and action regarding items addressed in Executive Session.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on November 1, 2013.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder